Something weird has started happening to my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SuperFreak, Feb 17, 2013.

1. SuperFreak macrumors member

Okay, I restarted my MBP dude to it not recognizing my external HD or USB sticks, and after it had started back up, I keep getting these pop ups asking me to 'allow' or 'deny' to connect to 'port' or something.. I have no idea what is going on, there is a new icon on the tool bar at the top of my desktop, when i hover my cursor over it says "show/hide network monitor"

Have I done something wrong? Becasue every programme/app i open it pops up with "etc etc would like to connect to port80" etc..

I've attached some pictures, please someone help.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. dma550 macrumors 6502

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Little Snitch isn't a firewall, it's an advanced network monitor. Firewalls protect you from outside threats, while Little Snitch monitors and gives you control over what goes out from your computer.

4. dma550 macrumors 6502

5. SuperFreak thread starter macrumors member

Yes I did install that today, but it asked me to restart my mac to complete install, and i was in the middle of doing something, so i went to activity monitor and force quit the little snitch,

I deleted the little snitch files, so why am i still getting this pop up, how can I get rid of it?

thanks for replying.

6. blueroom, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
  7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Little Snitch is typically difficult to delete. Check out this manual step by step guide to fully delete a program from OS X.

8. SuperFreak thread starter macrumors member

Sorted, followed this video and all is sorted. Thanks a lot mate. Appreciated.

----------

Sorted now, but i will check your guide that'll come in handy, thanks!