Something Weird Just Happened!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by defunct32, Sep 2, 2013.

1. defunct32 macrumors regular

I've a 32 GB iPod Touch 5th Gen.

Okay, a few minutes ago someone added me as a friend on Game Centre, so there's the trumpet notification sound that came along with a notification message on my lock screen, so upon seeing that I immediately slide the Game Centre icon and out of the sudden the Apple logo came up (the same one when you power on your iPhone/iPod), it stayed that way for a good few seconds before showing me the Enter Passcode screen. Nothing out of the ordinary happened; I didn't lose any apps, data or anything like that but that was the first time that sort of things happened.

Any idea what causes this? Has anyone experienced such a thing before, or is it a bug with Game Centre?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It just crashed. If it happens a lot, then you have an issue.

3. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

I see, thank you! That was the first time and I hope the last, so far I haven't had any issues with my iPod only this one time. I'm not sure if it crashes because of Game Centre because I've been sliding notifications like Facebook, Twitter (not slide the bottom arrow -> but the icon itself) and it hasn't crashed.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Do you ever turn it off? It has happen to my iPad Mini before too, but it's usually because I leave it on for weeks at a time.

5. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

After the crash happened I let it sit for a minute then I turned it off and let it sit for another minute or two then I power it back on, I usually have the iPod on sleep mode when not in use. Otherwise it's almost rare for me to turn off my iPod.

I bought this on 8th June 2013 and ever since then I only off it like maybe 3 to 4 times including today?

Also, does space plays a factor in crashing? I just checked my settings and saw only 823 MB left, it's just a thought.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

That's not bad. I don't think it has to do with space, but maybe other things, most likely a memory leak.

7. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

What's a memory leak?

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Best definition I could find:

http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/definition/memory-leak

It probably isn't Game Center though.

9. defunct32 thread starter macrumors regular

I'll take it as a one-off thing then, it probably happened because of a glitch that hopefully won't occur again but thanks for the replies and information, appreciate it! ;)