Something wonky with my Apple ID password. Help!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by KoolAid-Drink, Jun 24, 2016.

1. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Okay, so my Apple ID password expires every 3 months (developer account). On Tuesday, it expired, so I reset it, entered my new password on all my devices, all good to go. This afternoon, out of the blue, my iPhone prompted me to enter my Apple ID/iCloud password in Settings. I did that, the password didn't work. I tried going to appleid.apple.com, entering the password, no go. I then reset my password, looked into my account, nothing changed. I never received an email about the password changing (other than when I legit reset my password after it failed). I called Apple Support, they said everything looked okay and could possibly be a server issue of some kind. While on the phone with Apple Support, they asked me to re-enter my Apple ID account to change my security questions. I tried entering, no go. My password stopped working again!

The agent could do nothing, but just said to reset the password and this time, reset my security questions. I did, and got an email saying my password was changed (but before that, nothing!). I was feeling very freaked and weirded out, because this was the first time this ever happened. I even had copied the password in TextEdit and pasted it into the box, but no go (that way, I knew I definitely typed it right). Once I resetted my password, I changed my questions then signed out.

I feel very concerned, especially as I never got an email saying my password changed when it failed. The agent was a bit unhelpful, saying there wasn't much he could do. (This was with a senior tech.) I'm at work, so it could possibly be something weird with our work wifi/Internet, but I don't know.

What could be going on? I'm very concerned.

Thanks. If you need any clarification, let me know.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

I have 2fa turned on and my password has never expired. Maybe you should turn on 2fa.

3. KoolAid-Drink thread starter macrumors 65816

That's what I also was trying to do, but as my password was orginally changed two days ago, I have to wait a few days (system policy).

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Good luck with everything, nothing is infallible but any attempt to login to any Apple service requires verification on my iPhone.

5. KoolAid-Drink thread starter macrumors 65816

Right. I'm trying to get help with what's going on with my account right now, however. What could have gone wrong and prompted my password to stop working, even though I never got an email saying my password was changed?

6. I7guy macrumors G5

Trying the obvious clear you cookies and reboot your computer. Additionally, When you say stopped working what do you mean?