Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inukami

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Hey well i got my first bill and i have a few problems.

First of all the name and phone number is completely wrong. Here is what happened. On July 30 i went to the store to buy an iPhone and i went through the process and it required a $200 deposit so i didn't finish the process and we restarted and we used my mother's information and credit card. Now for some reason it shows MY name on the username on the bill and a totally different phone number. Can anyone explain to me what happened? Also my bill is:

Monthly Service charges: 104.99($70+$20 proratted) + a $15 added from other services. It's listed as DATA plan iphone. Can anyone explain this to me?
The rest is fine it shows
credits/adjustment/other charges:40.22
gov fee/tax:11.06.

My main question is whats with my name being on the username on the bill and the $15?

Inukami

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
wow sorry for the triple post but they actually signed me up to two accounts wtf!!! I'm on hold with a rep.

EDIT: so yeah they said they couldn't do anything and i had to go to apple wth....

Inukami

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I called ATT and they transfered me to some other person who was going to look at my problem and see if the first account could be canceled and the fee waived. I get transfered to someone and they have no idea what my problem is so i have to explain it all over. In the end they tell me that they can't do anything and i have to go to the apple store and talk with someone to see if it was unintentional that the first account was created. If i get two fees with $156.27 and i have to pay both of them I'm going to go crazy, they better do something about this.

squeakyclutch

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
Westwood, CA
Same problem, my friend!

I got my first monthly bill, and I was charged for a iPhone handset totally $680. I called them up straight away, telling them I signed up for the contract, and I have receipts to proof I paid 199 when I activated my phone. The phone "receptionist" refused to take the charge off because the charge was from the store.

So, today I had to take a couple hours off from work to go to the at&t store, and explained my problem to the guy there (using no less than half an hour, plus several graphs and charts to illustrate THEIR mistake).

Anyhoo, another 45 minutes of awkward waiting, homegirl simply said the charge was taken off my bill, and I'll be credited on my next invoice.

I'm only pay'n what I think I should pay this month, and they can credit whatever. Realistically, what will happen is that I will get screwed with late fees, which will NEVER be credited to me despite how many phone calls and trips I take.

I'm not trying to smear at&t or apple of anything, and this experience may be an exception. But, it's my experience....the only one I'll have.....and it SUCKS! :mad:

Inukami

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Right now i'm on hold with Apple rep, they are calling up an ATT rep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.