Something wrong with my mail.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maxxx85, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Maxxx85 macrumors member

Hey everyone. I have been having a problem with send mail via. the mail app on leopard. It wont send any outgoing mail to anyone. Even when i use the aol account on that mail function it still does not send. A small dialogue box pops up after a few seconds and says:
    "Cannot send message using the serve MacAdress"
    then under that smaller dialogue:
    "The connection to the server "smtp.com" on port 25 timed out.
    Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your outbox until it can be delivered.
    Sending from: My Name <My email address@mac.com>"

Then under that it shows my server lists. Can anyone help me on fixing this? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for your time.

2. scr1968 macrumors regular

There is no question your outgoing mail server (SMTP) is not configured right. The outgoing mail server for a .Mac account is something like "smtp.mac.com" The fact that the error dialog you are getting lists only "smtp.com" is probably a good indicator that your SMTP server address is not complete. That would be the first place to look to track down this problem.

SCR

3. Maxxx85 thread starter macrumors member

4. Maxxx85 thread starter macrumors member

It did say Smtp.mac.com. Sorry i must have been typing too fast. When i try Connection Doctor or wizard or whatever its called it shows the little red dot next to MacAddress. "Could not connect to this SMTP server. Check your network connection and you entered the correct information in the account preferences".

5. Maxxx85 thread starter macrumors member

Seems as though the problem has been resolved. After playing with a few things, winds up having to change the port from 25 to 587. now my mail is being sent.