Something wrong with my MBP 15" 2011 - Need help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AirSupply, Oct 28, 2011.

1. AirSupply macrumors member

Hello guys,

I have been experiencing a weird issue on my Macbook Pro 15" early 2011. The specs are i7 2.2Ghz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, 128SSD. Running Lion

About 1-2 months ago, I noticed some weird noise produced by the speakers. It is like a high frequency noise and happens twice at once (there is a gap of 1s between each of them). They happen about 5-6 times a day.

Firstly, I thought the speakers are defective. However, when I used auxiliary cable to connect with a pair of speakers or used optical cable to connect with the Logitech Z-5500, the noise still exist and can be heard via the speakers.

So the speakers are not defective. I really have no idea what the issue with my laptop. It is still under 1 year warranty til next April.

Can you guys give me some advice or help? It would be greatly appreciated

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

it sounds like interference on the wires inside the computer-when you connect speakers, do they come out of the built-in speakers or the ones you connect?

(FYI the more descriptive you make the thread title, the more people will be willing to help. Try a problem description instead of being so general next time.)