Something Wrong with my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EmbraceTheOne, Sep 16, 2011.

1. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Just a Quick question. The Newest Macbook Pro's have 2 fans, correct?

I think my Left fan is not working properly. I took a snapshot of my Stats, Tell if something doesn't seem right..Shouldn't it say
    Left Fan-
    Right Fan-
    ?
    At this very moment, It says my Exhaust is at 2681RPM's. I barely hear the fans. Im kind of scared. :p

Attached Files:

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Click on the i (for the info) go to the display tab and select the fans setting and verify that you have both fans checked for display.

3. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

All It says is "Exhaust"

4. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Okay, so I logged into my server and checked. Funny that one just says Main fan and only has that option available as you have stated. The difference must be in that I have iStat Menu installed as well and that has lots more features and options available. It must be because of that that it carries over. I used to have iStat Menu installed on the server (until the hard drive died) and that showed both fans then, so I would guess it is the limitations of the reporting of iStat Pro and not your MBP malfunctioning.

5. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually just read around, I read that 13'' Models only have one fan. Either way, Im considering contacting Apple/Bestbuy.

I had another Stat Program, It said my Left fan is at 1999, and My right fan is -1. Haha, So I dont know what to think. :p

6. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Yes, the 13s only have one fan. That is probably the issue. I forget about them as I never go lower than a 15.

7. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, Ran a Hardware test, No problem found. :)