Something wrong with my touch???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adauge, Oct 15, 2007.

1. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

I was just wondering if anyone else ever had this problem.

I got a new touch the other day and when I first tried to play video on it something was wrong. Neon colors were in place of regular color (black was neon purple, etc.). So I took it back to best buy to get a new one and the girl turn it off and back on and it seemed to fix the problem. So I was fine with that.

Now when I watch video instead of it being a smooth crisp picture it has these weird boxes that move around almost like pixels but bigger. At first I thought I must have used the wrong setting when ripping my dvds but it still does it during the movies that I bought off of itunes.

Are other people having this problem or should I go back to best buy and demand a new unit. I have a feeling I'm alone in this since everyone on here seems to talk about how great the screen looks.

2. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Thats a definite fault. Take it back and get a replacement. Ask for a model from a different batch.

3. gardnerv macrumors member

gardnerv

yo. same thing happened to me, just reset it like 3 times over the coarse of 2 days and it will be fine. mine has been fine since october 1st when i got it.

4. adauge thread starter macrumors regular

adauge

Yea, I'm gonna replace it. I want a working one. I guess somethings wrong with the video card.

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

try restoring first. also use a base movie, ie something from itunes

Arisian

6. adauge thread starter macrumors regular

adauge

Yea, I have tried restoring it and it does it on the itunes movies as well as on ripped movies.

I actually just had a chance to compare it with a friends, I put some of my videos on his to compare, using my computer for both and it is my ipod for sure. The movies on his were crisp and clear and mine had all of the pixelated boxes in them.

I also noticed when I first got mine that nothing really looked black on mine, everything was kind of a dark brown. Like the home screen and the black bars while watching movies. Well his were black and crisp black. Also, all of the white backgrounds in mine were off white, with a brown hint, and his were all crystal clear.

I'm bringing them both into best buy today to show them the difference and hopefully get a new one.