Something wrong with Shapeshifter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zakkk8, May 30, 2007.

1. Zakkk8 macrumors newbie

Alright, I have been a shapeshifter addict for awhile. I just got a new Macbook, transferred my stuff via fire wire, and tried to install a new theme.

It didn't work, so I tried uninstalling my old shapeshifter and reinstalling the latest version, now whenever I try and install a theme, it automatically resets the theme to aqua!

My old computer was an IBook G4, if that helps. I hope someone can please solve this problem, because I've been a skin addict, and if I can't install a new theme I'll probably hang myself and it will be all your fault for not helping me. :p

2. Kermit the frog macrumors regular

Kermit the frog

If your on a Intel machine there is a special UB version you need. If your not then I'd suggest completly removing shapeshifter and reinstalling it. Also some of the security updates and other updates sometimes messes with shapeshifter. Remember it is a 3rd party app

3. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Zakkk8 said they have an iBook so it's PowerPC.

Like the poster above me said, just try uninstall all the components of it and then reinstall. Then re-register to get it to work.

4. headhammer macrumors regular

actually, he said that he _just got a new macbook_ ;)
    so it looks like that UB (universal binary. i only got the acronym when i went to unsanity's website) version is needed. http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shapeshifter :D

5. Zakkk8 thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed the UB version, still the same thing.

If this helps, when I try to preview the themes, all the buttons and loading bars are the same as aqua. Even when I do this with a dark theme, instead of black or gray, the button examples in the preview are just plain white like aqua! :mad:

I think this might have to do with an update, because when I first started up this new computer I downloaded all the updates. :confused: