Something wrong with the server?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iBookG4user, Jun 11, 2007.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I keep getting the above error message, mostly when I click on "Today's Posts", but now it happened when I was browsing "Site and Forum Feedback". What happened?

2. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

It has something to do with the WWDC announcements and the large number of users currently online. It has been a record-breaking server day, and I'm sure as soon as the hubbub is all over with everything should revert back to normal.

3. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Ooh ooh me2. And when I tried to post this directly from the post reply, I got the "you are not logged on" message, tho I was. I had to quote you to post this (thanks for the coat tail). Poor Arn et al.

4. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Warning: connect() [function.connect]: Can't connect to 64.62.176.240:11211, Unknown error (0) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 285

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 287

5. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I found this thread while checking to make sure one like this didn't already exist.

I was going to create one and see if anyone else was having these issues. Glad it's not just my machine, I did just Archive and Install because of complications involving Safari 3.

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Yeah i just received this
    Code:
    Warning: connect() [function.connect]: Can't connect to 64.62.176.240:11211, Unknown error (0) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 285

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 287

7. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Me too, when clicking the Forum button on top nav

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

These problems resulted from our use of Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud. The extra capacity worked for the most part, but apparently some of the round robin servers didn't end up functioning properly, while others did. It's easy to see the symptoms (thanks for your reports), but hard to track down since every refresh gets you a potentially different server. And by the time we have a handle on what's working and not working, it's time to reduce the number of servers anyway. As arn said here, we'll try to sort it out for the next time.

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Though some of these errors are pretty funny.

Once when I went to click "Submit Reply", the button said "Vote Now":D (No, there wasn't a poll I was forgetting,):rolleyes:

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The right to vote is a precious freedom. I hope you didn't squander the opportunity!

We're off the extra servers now, so everything should be back to normal.