Something's I never knew about deleted contacts

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Not sure if this is something I just overlooked but about 2 months ago I went through my contacts and erased about 20 contacts I just didn't need anymore.. It was a good purging lol

Anyway if I open messages or contacts they obviously are all gone through out all my devices. The strange thing is if I open my photos and chose to message someone that way all my contacts new and old show up, everyone I have ever deleted. I didn't think it was normal and once you delete a contact it's gone?

It actually came in handy because I needed one of the numbers I deleted.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Messages and the like tend to keep their own cache of contact information that gets cleared/updated somewhat separately/differently. Quite a few people don't like that as deleted contacts can appear there and there has been some discussion of it all over the years. In iOS 7 at least it seems you can select one of those contacts now and remove them from the list of recent contacts.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Messages and the like tend to keep their own cache of contact information that gets cleared/updated somewhat separately/differently. Quite a few people don't like that as deleted contacts can appear there and there has been some discussion of it all over the years. In iOS 7 at least it seems you can select one of those contacts now and remove them from the list of recent contacts.
this is why I installed iCleaner Pro on my Jailbroken iPhone 5. It deletes Contact, SMS, application and other caches. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.