Something's I never knew about deleted contacts

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iapplelove, Jan 4, 2014.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Not sure if this is something I just overlooked but about 2 months ago I went through my contacts and erased about 20 contacts I just didn't need anymore.. It was a good purging lol

Anyway if I open messages or contacts they obviously are all gone through out all my devices. The strange thing is if I open my photos and chose to message someone that way all my contacts new and old show up, everyone I have ever deleted. I didn't think it was normal and once you delete a contact it's gone?

It actually came in handy because I needed one of the numbers I deleted.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Messages and the like tend to keep their own cache of contact information that gets cleared/updated somewhat separately/differently. Quite a few people don't like that as deleted contacts can appear there and there has been some discussion of it all over the years. In iOS 7 at least it seems you can select one of those contacts now and remove them from the list of recent contacts.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

this is why I installed iCleaner Pro on my Jailbroken iPhone 5. It deletes Contact, SMS, application and other caches. :)

4. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

5. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Obvious it was a typo lol. I changed the title of the thread but thanks!