sometimes don't startup! 08'MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by osso1001, May 8, 2012.

1. osso1001 macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,
    I'm new at this forum, and my problem might be a old question for some of you, but could not find something similar to my machine actions.

So... might sound strange but my MBP don't start up sometimes, and i really mean sometimes, because after trying the second or third time (sometimes 5or6) It starts and when it does runes perfectly, and everything is asked for!

When it does not go, I get a grey screen, i ear a clicking sound and the sleep light blinks tree times and after +- 5 seconds repeats the 3 blinks and if i leave it it stays like that for ever!
    I made Hardware test, tried different software to check RAM and other parts of the hardware, and nothing found any problem, it sound good to know there is no problem but would be great to start up always when i need and want to!!
    It's a bit frustrating and it makes me not so confident on the computer anymore...

I don't know if anybody can help me or have any advice, but if so... please do!
    Thanks in advance!

2. lgwells1 macrumors regular

lgwells1

Open up Disk Utility. Click on your HD. Run Disk Repair/Verify which ever. See if that comes back with anything. Sounds like either HDD or Logic Board shenanigans.

3. osso1001, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012

osso1001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks lgwells1,
    I did run Disk utility verify disk and it came out that it needs repair, there is a couple of invalid counts,
    I'll repair it and let you know if got any better...
    Thanks!

4. osso1001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yesterday I made a disk repair, and today it started at first time smoothly.
    It's a bit early to make the party... but hopefully it did work!-).

5. osso1001 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it was to early:((( : )

Ok ... so it worked for a couple of days, but it came back the uncertain feeling of "will this time start up?".
    Sick of it, I decide to get new Ram stamps/cards... and install it! because always had the feeling that was the problem. Well, I have to say that since then(almost two weeks) I'm getting the trust on my computer back; It's starting always since then ! )

I'm posting this reply hoping that one day it will help someone with the same problem! that can be quite frustrating!