Sometimes I am getting sick of my friends...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Mushrooshi, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

Me: Atheist
    My Friends: Christian
    Me: Democrat
    My Friends: Republican
    Me: Left Wing
    My Friends: Right Wing
    Me: Liberal
    My Friends: Conservation
    Me: Mac User
    My Friends: Windows Fanboys

It gets really annoying when I talk about my mac. I really don't like talking baout about my friends, but the majority of them are just too ignorant about Macs.

Like, when someone got a virus, I said macs extremely rarely get viruses, and over and over they keep going "Macs ARE viruses". It is immensly annoying!

Then, when I was talking about VMWare, they said macs suck for gaming, and I am like "I know that!" and they keep on going ON and ON and ON about how "macs suck".

They too have high IQs like me, and they are extremely computer-literate for Windows. I am literate in both Windows and Mac.

Then, when I say stuff to combat it, they make excuses. Like how they first admitted its good for media, then they admitted for old school gaming, then they admitted its good for international use... the list goes on and on.

But they NEVER get serious about macs. they are always taking it as a joke!

The reason why I bolded "fan" and "fanboy" is there is a difference. Yes, I do prefer Mac over windows. But I can stand to use Windows definatly. Infact, I use it a lot at school and I don't complain. I think Bill Gates is an awesome person as much as Steve Jobs and the Woz. But they keep making up this bogus crap about how "Steve Jobs lies to the public" and how "he is an extortionist" and this other BS, and how he is a scammer. NO! It isn't true!

For once can they seriously take macs normally for once! I am sick of this stupid fanboy ignorance. They continue about how "macs cant do this" or "cant to that", when infact I do it all the time on my mac.

Meh, I was too lazy to capitalize the M in "Mac".

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Get new friends or chill out on your differences. They probably find the reminder of your mac love very annoying as well. The computers you use are really unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Isn't that the truth.....

5. TanToday macrumors member

Well my guess is....

In ten years, you WILL BE:

Conservative
    Christian
    Rich

.... IF you INVEST in Apple, and stop worrying about those that don't, they WILL BE soon apple users, so let them bitch, you invest, then get rich, notice the taxes stolen, then get conservative, and the wife will have kids, and you will go to church.

And you will be OLD, fat, and happy....like everyone your age who grows up and plants the right seeds ... in the markets, in wombs, and in eternity.

Best.

{ ... 60 year old EX everything you are now. }

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol they sound like your polar opposite. how are they your friends haha

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

How can anybody be 12?? :confused:

TanToday, gone tomorrow? I like that. :D

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So I'm Atheist, Republican, Conservative, and I love Macs. Wanna be friends?

9. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

It boggles my mind how someone can be an atheist and be a republican and conservative both. Most of the atheists I know are both Democrat and liberal.

Also, to the OP, I am an atheist, liberal, democrat,mac user and want Obama to win. Wanna be friends?

10. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Well, why not? I'm an atheist and I want small government and the IRS dead.

11. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

When your friend says he has a virus maybe you shouldnt say "LOL macs dont have viruses!" for no apparent reason and then maybe they wont do the same to you?

12. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Mushrooshi, I share a somewhat similar story in regards to the anti-mac talk amongst friends. When I stopped talking about Macs specifically then the issues stopped, and now we have a running in-joke amongst us about Macs and Windows machines.

I am also the liberal of the group, and we do occasionally discuss politics, which typically turn into multi-hour discussions where somewhat excessive amounts of alcohol are consumed. In the end, we all are moderately drunk and agree to disagree, and I typically walk away with some previously unknown facts as well as a new perspective on things.

The main difference I see is that I am a bit older than you (assuming here) and I am not trying to be a Mac evangelist in any way shape or form (although I do make the occasional jab). Your friends see a button to press that gets you fired up, so by removing said button you eliminate the issues.

13. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

not to be rude, but find something else to talk about. and please get new friends. they sound like 'you know whats'

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Darn, I thought this was going to be another STD thread -- or passing at least around some virus.

But it is worse, they like Bill Gates ...

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The thing about windows fan boys now is that they no longer worship bill gates (who wasn't that bad, he just reminds me of like a mouse or something) but now they worship Steve Ballmer.

16. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

hahaha i see the mouse thing

17. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

Most atheists can't ponder being a republican or being conservative because they're primary association with the 'right' is God.

They gave us the title 'religous right'. It wasn't self appointed.

As to the original poster, I'm in the same boat but I wouldn't have it any other way. I like being around people who have different views that me. It keeps things interesting and helps me keep informed on how 'those guys' are doing.

That and most mac users and some republicans are a bit crazy. :)

18. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

The idea of being annoyed with a friend because of the operating system s/he uses is baffling. In fact, I don't think any of my friends know what an 'operating system' is. :cool:

19. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

It's a little like someone eating old stale dry mouldy bread when they could have a piping hot freshly baked baguette smothered with butter - hot crispy, yet fluffy inside and utterly delicious!

At some point in time, after days of seeing your loaf and hearing you chomp down with delightful 'yummy noises' they will say 'enough about the beautiful tasty bread already.'...

Once again this begs the question 'Why do they go on eating mouldy stale old bread' ?

Answer - They are impotent and lazy, they fear change or lack the imagination and intellect to adapt, perhaps they are incapable of recognising excellence, perhaps they lack the basic desire for something better.