Sometimes I just feel stupid

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tawcat, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tawcat macrumors regular

How in the world does one print labels from the address book?

I am wanting to print out Christmas mailing labels, and for the life of me I can't figure how to do that.

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Er.....up in the menu bar, go to File>Print

In the Print window, choose "Show Details" and you can change the Style to Mailing Labels.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

File > Print > Style: Mailing Labels (you may need to click the arrow to the right of your Printer selection to see these options.)

Also, you may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those searching for the same answers, if you follow this tip.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Didn't seem like s/he had any trouble attracting responses to his/her thread.....all of 2 minutes......

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Maybe not this one, but future threads by the OP, and future readers searching for the same answers.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

Still showed up in a search for me when I searched "address book print".

/shrug

7. tawcat thread starter macrumors regular

LOL. Well I kinda deserved it. Let me explain. I am trying to print labels from my contact list. Not all my contacts, just those I have identified in my Christmas group.

I tried the file, blah, blah, blah. But it didn't work, well it did, but I wasted a bunch of labels cuz it printed everything.

I ended up opening the Address Book, highlighting the group and then selecting print etc. Had to change the layout so as to print on the correct label.

This is the first time I've printed labels since owning this iMac and panic sets in quickly. I know how to do it now.

I appreciate the quick replies, must be a boring a Sunday evening.

BTW "he" fits my description.