Sometimes mail just disappears from iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pajeco, Jul 1, 2016.

1. pajeco macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 6, running ios 9.3.2 and I have Yahoo mail. This morning, I checked my phone and saw that I had 2 new e-mails. I opened the mail app and before I could even finish reading the title of one of them, that ONE disappeared before my eyes. COMPLETELY! Not in the trash or anywhere, nor is it on my computer. It would be really irritating if the mail was just moved to the trash without my OK, but when it completely DISAPPEARS, well, this is just not acceptable! This same thing has happened a couple of times before and I can NEVER even look at the items in my trash without a bunch of them being deleted while I am trying to look for something. I want to be the boss of my mail, not my phone! Has if anyone else has encountered this problem?

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Have had similar happen and then found in junk mail folder - did you check there?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

With Yahoo Mail, their servers categorize your mail before final placement.

You checked everywhere, does that include your Spam folder? I often never see new emails from Yahoo because they are redirected there. Does the email exist when you go to Yahoo mail in a web browser?

Do you have any email rules inside Yahoo Mail (through the web browser)?

Is your email POP email or IMAP?

If it was POP and got downloaded to another device first then it would disappear from your device because it would have been removed from Yahoo's servers. One of the reasons all my email is IMAP.

It's not been my experience that iOS simply deletes email.

4. pajeco thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I'd not checked there. I did just now, at your suggestion and it was THERE! Not marked as junk, but it was there. I'm glad to have found it and will have to remember to check there when it happens again. Thanks a lot!
    --- Post Merged, Jul 1, 2016 ---
    T thought I'd checked everywhere but I'd not checked spam and that's where it was. It was not marked as junk and it was from a sender that I have received quite a bit of mail from before, so I don't know why it was moved to junk.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's Yahoo for you.

Probably a word filter or something.

Glad you found it though.