Sometimes takes hours for voicemail to show up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slapple, Oct 1, 2011.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

I have the iPhone 3G on AT&T. Someone called me around 10pm tonight and I didn't answer. The iPhone showed the red circle with "1" on the Recents section, but it didn't show any voicemails. After that, I was using the iPhone all night, and then finally at 4 am the red circle with "1" showed up on the Voicemail section! It was from the person who called me at 10pm!

Does this happen to anyone else? It has happened to me a couple times now, so it usually doesn't happen, but still it is annoying and shouldn't happen at all.

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

3. LivingLarge macrumors member

Yes, that is most likely the ATT service doing that to you, happens on the iphone 4 on ATT as well. You could always just manually call VM once in a while if you think there may be a message, so you don't miss anything important

4. libertysat macrumors regular

I am on verizon iphone4

For the second time this year, under same conditions; three days ago I received a vm while on very very fringes of cell service - no ring just chime a vm came in

I hit the play button and it spins for a few seconds then entire vm disappears from list - as if I deleted it

First time it came back after 2 days
    This time took 3 days
    Weird...