Sometimes The Squeaky Wheel Does Get The Grease...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mojo1, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

A week or so ago Fry's was advertising the base model 13" MBP for $999. The catch? It was only available via in-store pickup...

Along with Micro Center, Fry's only seems to offer such deals for in-store pickup. I cannot recall ever seeing a shipped MBP being offered at such a discount from either retailer. I'd like to be able to take advantage of these kinds of deals, but I live far away from any Fry's or Micro Center.

At any rate, having a little time on my hands I contacted Fry's customer service via its website contact form. I told them that I was interested in a $999 MBP but the 680 mile round-trip to the nearest Fry's sort of negated any savings I would enjoy...

I didn't expect a response but within a couple of hours an e-mail arrived. The customer service rep thanked me for my feedback and stated that they would pass my comment along to their marketing department. I figured that it was the end of the matter.

So this morning I was perusing Dealmac like I do every morning and What Do You Know: Fry's is offering the 13" MBP for $999 plus around $11 shipping through August 9! :cool:

Now I obviously cannot say for sure that my offhand suggestion did the trick, but it is rather coincidental...

Unfortunately, the MBP is now out of stock, but you can leave an e-mail address to get a notice when they are back in stock.

http://www.frys.com/product/7091541

The Moral of the Story: If you don't ask (nicely), you don't get!

2. Rajpdx macrumors regular