Somewhat good news for Otterbox fans...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Maschil, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

Yesterday i decided to request on otterbox's facebook page do something about there defender case as it relates to covering the bezel... and they responded. here is the brief conversation.

Me Will the ipad 2 be redone this time covering the bezel??? Please........................​........

OtterBox We don't have any plans to modify the current Defender Series case... but there just might be another case option for the iPad in the future, stay tuned!

Me Ahhh wonderful have any idea how soon I Iove otterbox so I was going to just get that case even there are some thing I don't like but I wil wait I something else from otterbox comes out

OtterBox Not exactly sure... but we are talking weeks, not months!

Me Wow well thanks so much I'll wait thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for those who want to stay loyal to otterbox and have just gotten an iapd 2 like me... know that there is hope for us.. Lol Thanks

2. xraytech macrumors 68020

Looks like Otterbox is about to release a Commuter Series Case for the iPad 2. Yeah, not a fan of the Defender Case. Got my Defender about a month ago and had issues with the front half not laying flush with the screen.

3. Jmouse macrumors 6502

A commuter case would be perfect! I too thinks the defender series is too bulky.

4. Maschil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maschil

WOW im like the total opposite i liked the ipad 1 defender the ipad 2 defender is a joke.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Use

The full Otterbox defender for my iPhone, but the iPad version is just too OTT, The phone needs to be encased in the full rubber when it's raining, but my iPad is in a leather case and then slipped into my laptop bag.

I like Otterbox a lot, but the full on stuff is pretty ugly