Somewhat OT: AT&T discounts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mds, Apr 5, 2011.

1. mds macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I've been wanting an iPhone for awhile but the cost of switching from Sprint to AT&T is just too much for me. My monthly bill would increase about $30/month, which is just not in my budget. Does anyone know of any discounts or other ways to knock some of the monthly bill down?

Thanks!

Mike

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you join the military or work for the federal government you get a discount. I'd imagine some states have an arrangement as well.

3. mds thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm...joining the military to get an cell phone discount. Hadn't considered that! haha. :)

I'm a free lance musician. I looked into my memberships of USAA, ASCAP, and my credit union, but didn't find anything pertaining to ATT.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe see if AAA will get you a discount or find someone that you know and trusts you to add you into their family plan. If the family plan gets unlimited texting you also get unlimited talk to any cellphone in the US. This way you can just pay the added monthly fee per line and the data plan with some fees.