Somewhat unresponsive S key on MBP keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CurlyCarlos, Nov 18, 2010.

1. CurlyCarlos macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've owned my 15 inch Macbook Pro for a little over a month now, and I've noticed that generally the keyboard requires a bit more of a tactile pres than others that I've used, but my S key is especially annoying. I can depres it all the way lightly (<-- notice the lack of second s in depress) and have it not register. I have to press a fair bit harder.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's had problems with the keyboard. I'm just wondering if there are any obvious fixes before I end up taking it in to a store. I've tried pressing down really hard and moving the key around a bit and canned air, but I don't think anything's under the key, it seems like just a mechanical issue. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. CurlyCarlos thread starter macrumors newbie

3. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I'd take to your local Apple store if you have one nearby. I haven't had any problems with my keyboard but I have heard that removing the chiclet keys is a little tricky.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

MBP keyboards are excellent. A bit different than what you may used to is normal. The issue you speak of simply sounds like a defective keyboard. I'd take it into the Apple store immediately.