Son unable to play games

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kstevens67, Mar 30, 2013.

1. kstevens67 macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2013
    I'm completely new to the Mac world and I love my new Mac. There is something I have not been able to find out how to do. When I purchased the Mac, the Apple store set me up as the Admin. When I got home, I created a new user account for my son. I installed games on my account - Some through the App Store, others through another App (Steam, Beamdog (Baldur's Gate)).

My son started playing some games fine (those through the App Store). I tried to get the others working for him, but just do not know how. It kept saying he did not have permission to run the game. I tried playing around with the Parental Controls a little and now, the poor little guy can't play any games at all - no errors, the game just never loads. Sorry, I can't remember what I did. It also keeps asking for the Admin password every time he tries to do something.

Well, It looks like I am going backwards in my little quest which is why I'm here. When I install a game as the Admin, how can I allow my son to play specific games? Anything I can check or have to change on his account?

I'm a Unix guy so I don't mind running commands at the command prompt if I have to.
  2. justperry macrumors G3

Aug 10, 2007
    In the core of a black hole.
    Should be as simple as in the screenshot below, in this case it's a guest User but the same should apply for a non Admin Account.

Attached Files: