Song Artwork is wrong

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Raishi, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Raishi macrumors member

I've been searching for a solution to this for a while, and I cannot get any info that I have not alrady tried to fix it.

the solution that has come up most is "remove everything from iphone re-synch WITHOUT the backup"

I did so multiple times... The only option I have left (and I'm saving it as a last resort) is deletleing all my music off iTunes and my iPhone then re-syncing it all.

if anyone has a more effective method please let me know.

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Wish I had a better option for you, but I had the same issue on my iphone 4 starting with iOS 4.0. Nothing worked. I finally did exactly what you described after I upgraded to 4.2.1--deleted all music off the phone, made sure the art in iTunes was correct, then re-added it all back in. Since then, it no longer randomly switches the art on me.

You could try doing this with only the affected files, but I had too many to make that worthwhile.

3. draz macrumors 6502a

If everything is correctly displayed in iTunes but not on the iPhone:
    -Uncheck under the Songs tab and sync the phone. When done open up the iPod app and check to see that there are no songs
    -Check the songs you want and sync those to your iPhone and check.

It could be possible that some song files don't have any artwork attached to them. iTunes is pretty smart when it comes to displaying album covers but the iPhone isn't that smart yet. So you might want to make sure that the artwork is there for each song file.