Song choice....help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Rasheem, May 19, 2007.

1. Rasheem macrumors regular

I'm doing a video for my sister as a graduation present. Any song recommendations? She likes country music so that might be cool if it were a country song but it's not a requirement. Any suggestions would help.

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

3. Carl Spackler macrumors 6502

Carl Spackler

Check out "Time" by The Greencards. They're a "local" Austin, TX band. You can find them on iTunes.

I don't know if this link will take you directly to the iTunes Store location.

4. Rasheem thread starter macrumors regular

just a picture video of my sis. baby pics through present

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

6. MathBard macrumors newbie

"I am Woman" from Helen Reddy might be cool. My brothers and I would use "Like A Virgin" for our sis. But my family puts the FUN in dysfunctional!" Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans" might fit a country girl theme, but it talks about the singer "having you." Cyndi Lauper's "girls just wanna have fun" might work well too. I am usualy pretty good at song choice but I'd need to see the pics or know your sis to do better.

7. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I'd suggest a couple of songs that take you through the various stages of your sis' life.

Baby - Thank Heaven for Little Girls, Maurice Chevallie (sp?)

Kid - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper

pre-teen - I'm Just a Girl, No Doubt

present - Feel like a woman, Shania Twain

Alternatively, if she's graduating now (assuming High School), that would make her about 17/18. So she'd be born in 1990 or so. You could take the most popular song(s) for each year and use them in your slide show/video. But be careful, much of the early 90's is litterred with grunge bands, etc.

ft

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

What sort of "feel" are you going for? Nostalgia in a more emotional way or are you looking for a more comedic and easy-going or funny approach?

Being a bit of a Pulp Fiction dork my first thought was "Girl, you'll be a woman soon" by Urge Overkill. Might not be suitable though.