Song Downloaded via iTunes on iPhone has vanished

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by biggrim, Dec 14, 2009.

1. biggrim macrumors member

Hi there people. Got a bit of a strange issue here.

I downloaded a track from iTunes on my 3Gs on Saturday afternoon and had a listen to it a couple of times. Got my reciept from iTunes store confirming my purchase (recieved two in fact) and went upstairs to sync my phone with my PC.

I had earlier that day downloaded and installed the latest iTunes (9.0.2 IIRC). Plugged phone in and everything seemed to be ok, back up - check, sync - check, transfer purchases - check. However, iTunes hung and crashed before the sync could complete.

Now the song I downloaded is neither on my iPhone or my PC and it doesn't even show up in the recently purchased tab on either.

When I click the song again on my iPhone it says that I have already purchased this, would I like to pay for it and download it again so there must be a record of it somewhere.

I think it does the same on my PC but I'm not sure. It's only £0.79 but had it been an album or and app I'd be even more annoyed.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened or how I could get it back without buying it again?

I'll have a look at the backup date when I get home from work and try a restore from there and keep you posted.

Until then all suggestions/theorys are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Grim

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Normally you can email iTunes support and let them know. They'll, in most cases, put the song up for download for you again.

3. biggrim thread starter macrumors member

Thanks matey. I took your advice and a nice lady from tech support emailed me back advising that the song had been made availabe for me to download again free of charge.

Thanks again