Song Lyrics on iPhone no more?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tagmut, Aug 5, 2009.

1. tagmut macrumors newbie

I purchased the 'Lyrics+" program for the iphone a few weeks back and it worked great. This morning, I check it out and when picking a song in my completely paid-for music library, every song states the following:

"Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions from the major music publishers, we can no longer return lyrics through the LyricWiki API (where this application gets some or all of its lyrics). The lyrics can be obtained from http:xxxxxxxxxxxx. Please note: this is not the fault of the developer who created this application but is a restriction imposed by the music publishers themselves).

The website for the developer states: "Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that the LyricWiki API has been shutdown by the record companies. As a result of this, until a solution is reached, Lyrics+ will no longer be available for download. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we had no warning of this and it was out of our control."

Now we can't even view the lyrics for the legally purchased songs we have. Bull***t!

2. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Simplify Media is telling me the same thing now.
    You can view the lyrics, you just have to manually put them into every song yourself.

3. Mickey8297 macrumors member

Mickey8297

Lyrical stopped working for me a few days ago, but as of right now TuneWiki still works.

4. megadon macrumors 6502

very weak..

I just noticed after reading your post..

deleting app

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Songtext isn't working now either. Wonder if we can get our money back since the apps no longer function as advertised.

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Once again the music industry hoses the people who support it. Pricks.

7. matttye macrumors 601

Is this some kind of sick joke? We're not even allowed to download LYRICS for songs any more?

Ridiculous!

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

9. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

10. mappyman macrumors regular

The apps don't work any more... looks like mpaa got them.