Song Lyrics on your iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrzeve, Jul 3, 2007.

1. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

Would love it if you guys could test it out.

Don't have an iPhone so dont know how it looks on it..

Point your browsers to www.staylazy.net/iphone

2. nnelijah macrumors newbie

A 'back' feature would be a great plus. I know 'main' does the same thing, but it could be a bit confusing from a usability standpoint. Otherwise, it looks great. Well done!

3. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

this looks GREAT!! keep up the good work... great app..

I just wish there was a way for safari to automatically load the page in full. Like for me, when i get to the page, for any app, i have to make the page larger till i get the app to take up the whole screen. I wish that it automatically did it..

4. mrzeve thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats something I hoped I fixed. How much zooming is involved?

5. djcraze macrumors regular

There is a setting for it, can't quite remember it however its in the link macrumors provided for the developer information. I just make everything big. The max width is like 1,100px or so, that fills the screen of the iPhone. 40px font os almost equivelent to 12px font. You just have to mess around with it. By the way if there are a lot of errors in this sorry i sent it from my iPhone. And I
    to lazy to proof read it

Hope this helps

6. digitalkid macrumors newbie

Yah u need to get this page to load full screen. I usually discard apps that i have to manually rescale..

7. mrzeve thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. bdj21ya macrumors 6502a

bdj21ya

For me it takes up way too much space and there's no way to shrink it down. I'd like to be able to see the whole app, all at once.

9. digitalkid macrumors newbie

Now it's too big.. and it won't scale dow when u pinch it... You need to figure out how to get this to auto size itself, wether it be in portrait or landscape.. otherwise it looks good, just get the autosizing down!

10. golduck macrumors newbie

hey mrzeve, great app.

I used it before you made an update, and thought it worked great. For you guys with the zooming problem, double tapping brought the screen to the perfect size. One thing I noticed was the way it displayed song title, artist name, and album after the search, there wasn't a space between the artist and album name. I also noticed a "?>" at the bottom of the searches

I'm not sure if CSS is involved in developing for iPhone, but I think you ended up using an absolute value (1100 px like dj said). What if you were to use a relative value and set page-width/pagecontainer to 90%-100%.

Also, are you testing in Safari (PC version)? Cause I currently can't get it working there, only in IE.

Sorry if I sound too demanding.

11. uNext macrumors 6502

It is huge on my iphone and double tapping does not work
    but overall i can see me using this app as i am a music fanatic

12. golduck macrumors newbie

This is a dev tool apple had on there site (they only listed the mac version though). You can use it to preview what it looks like on the iphone, thanks! You need to download the iphone plugin.

http://www.aptana.com/

13. mrzeve thread starter macrumors 6502a

Go ahead and give this application another run guys. Its pretty awesome now.

Gotta love the iPhone dev community, making templates for us to throw our code in.

14. DCRa macrumors newbie

Hey, this works amazing on the PC, but once I tried it on the actual iPhone the song would not load. Please fix this issue as this could become an amazing application now that the iPhone doesn't support lyrics.

Thanks and good job.

15. mrzeve thread starter macrumors 6502a

Try this URL guys

http://touch.staylazy.net

Fixed alot of issues and also added an iTunes Top 10 section.

Need feedback before I launch this!