song not on itunes in iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zentar, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Zentar macrumors newbie

I have an odd situation. I haven't had an iphone for long (since December) and i've got a grasp on the whole syncing thing with music. But A weird thing happened today. I have a song on my itunes and when i sync my iphone up the iphone has 2 of this song whereas itunes has only 1. Even when I completely removed the song from itunes and synced my phone, the phone still had the song. The song is still playable on my phone too.

Any solutions?

2. gaanee macrumors 6502a

I have noticed it. So basically this is what I've figured out:
    When you modify the tags for a song (name, album, artist, etc...) and then sync , it keeps the original copy on the iphone, it doesn't replace the original file, so you get duplicate copies of the same song.

I think its one of the features of ios 5 which lets you delete a song on the iphone itself and when you do that it messes up with syncing. e.g. if you still have a song "xyz" in itunes playlist which you sync but you delete this song from the iphone then next time when you sync itunes doesn't copy that song to iphone although its there in the playlist. and then it starts messing up the sync.

3. Zentar thread starter macrumors newbie

but i've modified the tags for a few songs now this is the only one that is making a copy of itself.

4. Zentar thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Anyone else have this happen to them?