Song of the Day at MacBytes?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Analog Kid, May 15, 2007.

1. Analog Kid macrumors 601

Analog Kid

I don't know where the right place is to question this, so I figured I'd try here... Why does a Song of the Day keep popping up on MacBytes? It seems redundant with DailyTunes.

If nothing else, it would be nice if they could be filtered out of the sidebar on MacRumors so they didn't bump news items.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

My understanding is that the threads pop up in the DailyTunes section when people submit them and a thread is created for them...these can come in large batches. When one of those tracks is randomly selected as the "Song of the Day" for feature on the front page of DailyTunes, it appears under the MacBytes section. I assume this is to highlight the one song of the day that is being featured and generate interest in and discussion on it.

3. Analog Kid thread starter macrumors 601

Analog Kid

It seems odd to shunt that into the news feed though... Took me a while to figure out that it really had nothing to do with Apple. I recognize there's some cross promotion going on, but it seems that's what sidebars are for...

I don't mean to tell you guys how to organize your sites-- that's just something I found distracting.

4. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i asked the mods about this long ago... the answer i got was they were testing the waters... or something to that effect, how we would respond to this...

the problem with dailytunes is... if there is a song that sound cool and interesting, sometimes the song is not available to some ppl here. you can preview it... but not buy it...

it could get frustrating sometimes, that is why i stop checking out dailytunes.

maybe they could label the posts with "iTS: Austria" or "iTS:UK" or something... and then do searches with this keywords... just a thought...