iPod Song Position thing acting Funny

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I dunno maybe it always been there and everyone already knows about it, but if I click on the bar representing the song position, in iTunes 7, it skips to that part of the song (so good so far) but if I don't let go it starts scrolling backwards.

Is it happening to you? I dont mind, I just never noticed before.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I sometimes get stuttering if I use the left mouse button to skip, but not if I use the middle button. Solution: click, don't hold :D

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
mad jew said:
Does your cursor go with it? Are you using a trackpad or an optical mouse? :)
No the cursor stays where it is supposed to. I am using a mighty mouse, but it doesn't matter I have tried the old-school-one-button-apple-mouse and it does the same thing.

I will try and post a video of it later!

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
okay, here is a video of the problem... (the quality sucks but I didn't want to spend too much time and I had to compress it alot)

is no one else having this problem?

Attachments

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
mad jew said:
That's bizarre. Do you have any third party key changers or any mouse software installed?
I have a LogiTec mouse with the software installed, but other than that no. I haven't used that mouse in ages, I'll deinstall the software when I get home.

What keyboard/mouse command do you know that would let me do this?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Mydriasis said:
What keyboard/mouse command do you know that would let me do this?

I've been playing 'round for about fifteen minutes and just can't replicate this behaviour, no matter which keys I'm holding. I'll have a look 'round some OSX sites to see if they know what's going on. :)

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I tried in on some other mac that I have access to but they all seem to be fine. (G3 PowerBook, iMac G5, G4 PowerBook, and a G5 PowerMac 2.0Ghz)

I have a DP G5 1.8 GHz, running OS 10.4.7, with 3Gb of RAM, iTunes 7.01, and the newest version of Quicktime Pro.

I have no idea what it could be? I even stay when I upgrade to 7.01.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Well I tried it on my girlfriends account and guess what... iTunes acts normal:eek:

go figure that, I guess it is some weird combination of preferences, who knows?

Thats mad jew for you help!!!

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Yup, same computer, same mouse, same monitor, same program... same everything. I only used fast user switching and went on her account, we even have the same iTunes library.

Its kinda funny how you can switch back and forth between two accounts and get the same program acting differently. Oh well it doesn't really bother me.:D