Song title from a few lyrics

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by plum, Jun 21, 2008.

1. plum macrumors newbie

I have been looking for a piece of music [not from the sound track] but a love song about the film The Bridges of Madison County, one of the lines is "she was a dancer he was a dreamer" I have searched high and low, it doesn't help that I don't know either the singer or the correct title. any suggestions how to go about looking? I have been through pages of The Bridges of Madison County but they only have the book or the score from the film. I thought you might have another line I could pursue

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the soundtrack is on Amazon and has samples so see if you can find the song. the samples are Windows Media audio files so make sure you have Flip4Mac installed.

EDIT: upon further inspection those Windows media samples dont work for me… keep getting an error. instead download the Real Media samples and use VLC to open them. unfortunately not all the songs have Real Media samples :(.

3. plum thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply, but the song I want is not from the soundtrack.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You might look here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112579/soundtrack

It lists some songs that are not on the soundtrack (as stated on the page).

Edit: Oh I see... the song is about The Bridges of Madison County... not from it. Gotcha.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I know exactly what you're talking about, but I have also forgotten the name of the song. :p

Its not from the movie. I really don't know why people keep pointing in that direction.

6. Keet macrumors newbie

Song Title

Do you have any more information, such as, was it a group, male/female vocalist? Where was the music playing on the radio (U.S.? East Coast? etc) and can you send a music file with a few notes (singing, on keyboard, etc).

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

If you ever want to find out what a song is from the lyrics then type some into Google and type lyrics after and the song you are looking for will come up almost everytime.

8. idyll macrumors 6502

^ Yep, I was going to suggest that too. That's what I do whenever I know the lyrics but not the artist or the name of the song. :)

9. sherryl199 macrumors newbie

Ballads of Madison County

That's a great album - Madison County Waltz (dreamer/dancer) is the first track. Robert James Waller recorded it in 1993. I got my copy through Amazon. It just gets better with 'relistening'

10. Ackermann macrumors newbie

Song Title from a Few Lyrics

Hello, there! The phrase you quoted belong to a song written by Robert James Waller and is part of an album he released quite long ago, "The Ballads of Madison County". The song you are looking for opens the album and is named "The Madison County Walz". I am looking for the lyrics also and in case you already found it I would be more than happy if you could be so kind as to send them to me through this page.

All the best, :)

Cecilia A.

11. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

This thread is from over a year and a half ago, I doubt that the OP will be coming back to it and if they do they should send it you in a PM rather than put it in a post.

12. tammyinkansas macrumors member

tammyinkansas

This site may be able to help-you just put in the lyrics that you know of the song and it searches its database and will show you the name of the song that it is. Good luck!! http://findmeatune.com/

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Besides the fact that the poster got his answer on July 1, 2008.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh HAI aggie!