Songs always shuffle.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by robjames, Jul 23, 2007.

1. robjames Guest

Seems my songs never play in order on my phone. Whether standard playlists, custom playlists or albums, the songs always play randomly within that playlist. Clicking the 'shuffle' icon doesn't seem to have any affect. Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on?
    I am new to iTunes and iPods (iPhone) so maybe there is a setting in iTunes that makes the songs always shuffle or something.
    Thanks in advance for any help to a new Apple product user.
    Rob

2. DjMikeySmiles macrumors newbie

Songs always shuffle?

I'm having the same problem? Can anyone help?

3. b257177 macrumors regular

I wonder.. could the iPhone be importing settings you might have in iTunes itself? Are your songlists, etc. set to shuffle on your main system?

Just a thought, since you've asked for suggestions.

4. sJv macrumors regular

There is no shuffle setting on the iPhone like the iPod. My songs only shuffle if I hit the "shuffle" button at the top of a list. For example, if I go into a playlist or an album, there is the shuffle button at the top with the first song of the list below it. If I select the first song, then it will play in order. If I hit the shuffle button, it will shuffle the songs listed below. I like this arrangement better than the blanket shuffle settings on the iPods.

-steve

5. DjMikeySmiles macrumors newbie

thanks

Thank you everyone for your help. I will try each of these suggestions and see if my problem is resolved. In the meantime, I clicked "settings", in the "general" tab, and clicked "reset settings" - and it worked.

6. polyun macrumors member

Same Problem, but figured it out.

I had the same problem and for the life of me thought something was wrong with my phone. Turns out it was an additional tab that appears when you are playing the song and you tap the the screen. It should show the song/podcast by its length (the way that you can move to any part of the song). There is also a tab on the upper right corner that says "Shuffle". I just unchecked it and all was good. Hope this helps!

7. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Also if you select an album (through artist) to play, it will play in order unless you hit shuffle at the top.

8. suemsm macrumors newbie

Thank you soooo much!! This has been driving me ceeraaazy for a couple of months now since I got my phone!! All sorted now thanks to your very helpful tip.

9. Kruddler macrumors newbie

Thanks

That was driving me absolutely nuts as well!!!! They should change that because there is another shuffle button I kept getting distracted by.