Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
London
Hi there,

Updated to ios5 as soon as it came out and completely wiped my phone to start fresh.

Unfortunately, while all songs appear on my iPhone, not all of them play. As soon as you hit the Play/Pause Button it changes from play to pause almost instantly.

I have erased the iTunes content on my phone and re-synced it but this has had no effect.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
UK
I had a similar thing happen with my 3GS when i updated too.20 of my songs somehow became "Corrupted" and they lost there cover art and also wouldn,t play anymore.Whilst plugged into iTunes i deleted them off my phone and reinstalled from my iTunes library back to my phone and now they are ok even complete with cover art.
I always manually manage my music as i have a large volume on my phone and syncing just messes everything up.So i always drag & drop with everything.
Hope this helps you.

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
London
stormchaser - thanks for the reply.

Well I thought that completely wiping my library off my phone then re-syncing it would do the job, but it hasn't :/

I've just given it a go doing it manually as well and that hasn't worked either...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.