Songs automatically skip to next track in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dwman, Jun 16, 2009.

1. dwman macrumors 6502

dwman

So I decided to be one of the adventurous users to grab the GM 3.0 off the web for my iPhone 3G and it works great for the most part.

I notice when I plug in my headphones (aftermarket) I usually just hit "Shuffle" to start playing random songs, put the phone in my pocket, it then skips after a few seconds to the next song or two. I hear a 3 tone chirp of some kind before the song starts I've never heard before. I never had this problem with with 2.xx firmware.

I thought maybe it was some weird bug of the 3.0 voice control that maybe slipped in, but I have no idea what's causing this. It only happens when I initially put the phone in my pocket, one or two songs get skipped, and then it's fine after that.

Any ideas?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

That's Shake to Shuffle.

3. TomyDingo macrumors member

TomyDingo

I've had the same problem too. At first I thought it was Shake to Shuffle, so I turned that feature off. However, today it skipped a track again. Also I've noticed that when I am using a smart playlist it will skip songs. The UI then will say something like Song 6 of 4 instead of Song 4 of 6.

4. dwman thread starter macrumors 6502

dwman

I think that was it. I had Shake to Shuffle turned on. Not having one of the newer ipods with that feature, I wasn't familiar with it. Thanks.

MacRumors FTW!!:D

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Well, at least I know now to turn that feature off once I update, haha.