Songs bought on Touch stays on Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by supercooled, Mar 14, 2008.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

I just bought my first song through the Online store from my Touch and when dock it to my Mac, I don't see it in iTunes. Is it also possible to transfer the song from the Touch to the Mac?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

As long as your Mac is authorized to play the song it should have downloaded it from the iPod to your computer.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

If not automatically syncing, go to File->Transfer Purchases from iPod

4. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sweet.

Want it? A little gesture of appreciation.

5. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Even if he did, he would need authorization from you to play it on his computer. And you only have five of those.

6. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can you tell I'm not a regular iTunes customer? Too bad iPod/iTunes doesn't have a Zune like policy regarding sharing songs. Oh well.

7. kepner macrumors 6502

You can't share DRM-protected files downloaded from the Zune Marketplace either (without also sharing your password). All you can do is send it from one Zune device to another for 3 plays, which is only useful if you are nearby someone else who also has a Zune.

DRM-free tracks (from either iTunes Store or Zune Marketplace) you could share all you want, but (a) it's illegal; and (b) your account info is probably embedded, so the file could be traced back to you.