Songs Disappeared

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macaddict16, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Macaddict16 macrumors 6502

OK, so I have on iPad 1, iPhone 3GS, and a new iPhone 4S. I have all 3 devices connected to my iMac computer. On my 3GS and my iPad I have a bunch of music. When I was trying to sync those same playlists to my new iPhone 4S I found that the playlists were empty on my computer. Any idea why this has happened? I am running Lion and iTunes 10.5. I don't want to sync up my old phone or iPad as it may erase what was in those playlists.

Thanks!
    Macaddict16

2. Macaddict16 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. cbb129 macrumors newbie

Same problem after upgrading to newes version of Itunes and synching 4GS. Can't seem to find any way to get playlists back.

4. cityathrt macrumors regular

Oh my goodness, deja vu. Something similar happened to me last night -- in which I was wirelessly syncing to my 4S when all of a sudden all the music disappeared off my phone. It still showed up in iTunes, but there was no music on my phone and I couldn't sync any new music to my phone either. Everytime I tried syncing, it would just appear as greyed out in the phone on iTunes, and my phone would remain stubbornly empty of music. I couldn't even download music off iTunes!

After a panic stricken few moments, I hauled butt to the closest Apple store where they proceeded to just do a restore. Seems like it fixed the problem.. I hope.