Songs keep getting removed and resynced on new 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geckotek, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Ok, got my music all synced up and start using my new iPhone. Later on I sync again...suprisingly hundreds of songs are syncing onto the iPhone. I look at the data usage bar and realize it dropped down (so music was removed.) I figure there must have been some changes to a lot of music somehow...who knows.

Well, it's happened several times now. Just now I synced, it removed and resynced over 100 songs. I disconnected...reconnected...and now it removed and resynced 499 songs!! What the heck?!?!

Any ideas guys? :confused:

2. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

The first thought that comes to mind is this: Do you have the same time and time zone on both your iPhone and your computer?

3. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yes I do.

Just did it again. I had 14.24 GB of Audio files. It dropped to 11.41 GB and is syncing back on 499 files.

4. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

EDIT: Nevermind.

Is it always the same songs that are re-syncing? maybe something is changing in the metadata between syncs.

5. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

Hard to say. Is there a log file I can use to compare one sync to another?

Did it again and it is resyncing 490 songs....so not EXACTLY the same...but might be pretty close.

6. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

Nobody else has ever experienced this? It just did it to me again.

7. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

This happened to me before with movies, which are even more annoying since they take longer to sync. I'm not sure, it may be a file type error? But try doing a restore on your phone (not from backup so erroneous data won't come back) and see if that fixes it.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I had the same issue on my 3G, it took two full restores before it stopped. but for me it was always the same two albums, but those two albums I haven't heard in a wile on my mac or phone so it had no reason to re-sync.