Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Ok, got my music all synced up and start using my new iPhone. Later on I sync again...suprisingly hundreds of songs are syncing onto the iPhone. I look at the data usage bar and realize it dropped down (so music was removed.) I figure there must have been some changes to a lot of music somehow...who knows.

Well, it's happened several times now. Just now I synced, it removed and resynced over 100 songs. I disconnected...reconnected...and now it removed and resynced 499 songs!! What the heck?!?!

Any ideas guys? :confused:

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
Ok, got my music all synced up and start using my new iPhone. Later on I sync again...suprisingly hundreds of songs are syncing onto the iPhone. I look at the data usage bar and realize it dropped down (so music was removed.) I figure there must have been some changes to a lot of music somehow...who knows.

Well, it's happened several times now. Just now I synced, it removed and resynced over 100 songs. I disconnected...reconnected...and now it removed and resynced 499 songs!! What the heck?!?!

Any ideas guys? :confused:

The first thought that comes to mind is this: Do you have the same time and time zone on both your iPhone and your computer?

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
The first thought that comes to mind is this: Do you have the same time and time zone on both your iPhone and your computer?

Yes I do.

Just did it again. I had 14.24 GB of Audio files. It dropped to 11.41 GB and is syncing back on 499 files.

rodman109110

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
EDIT: Nevermind.

Is it always the same songs that are re-syncing? maybe something is changing in the metadata between syncs.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
EDIT: Nevermind.

Is it always the same songs that are re-syncing? maybe something is changing in the metadata between syncs.

Hard to say. Is there a log file I can use to compare one sync to another?

Did it again and it is resyncing 490 songs....so not EXACTLY the same...but might be pretty close.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
This happened to me before with movies, which are even more annoying since they take longer to sync. I'm not sure, it may be a file type error? But try doing a restore on your phone (not from backup so erroneous data won't come back) and see if that fixes it.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Nobody else has ever experienced this? It just did it to me again.

I had the same issue on my 3G, it took two full restores before it stopped. but for me it was always the same two albums, but those two albums I haven't heard in a wile on my mac or phone so it had no reason to re-sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.