songs not playing on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by caligurl, Oct 5, 2014.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i sync my songs from my iTunes library to my phone. (songs ripped from cds)

when i attempt to play them on my phone it just starts scrolling quickly though the album until it finally gets to a song that was purchased via iTunes and begins playing that one. then the songs that were supposedly synched show a red ring next to them.

i've tried taking all songs off and re-synching but that hasn't worked either.

any ideas?

hubby has the 6 plus, too and his isn't doing this!?

2. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I had a similar problem with my iPhone 6+. 3 things to try, from simplist to more involved:

1) Settings > iTunes and App Store- Turn off automatic downloads for music. This alone worked for a guy on the Apple Support site.

2) Take songs off and resync. You already tried this.

3) In iTunes Preferences > Devices, uncheck auto syncing to your devices. On the summary page of your device, check manual syncing. Go to music tab and uncheck All Songs. Try syncing songs on and off your iPhone again and see if it works. This wasn't enough for me so I had to restore my iPhone software from iTunes, then restore my stuff from iTunes backup. That's eventually what I had to do to get my music to work correctly on my iPhone. Good luck!