Songs not showing in "Artist" section...HELP

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mattnotis, Jul 2, 2010.

1. mattnotis macrumors regular

For some reason, certain artists and albums only appear in the "Songs" and "Albums" menus but are nowhere to be found when I look for the particular artist in the "Artist" section. Why does this happen and how can I fix it? The files are on the iPod but for some reason won't show up in all of the menus. It's really bizarre.

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Are these songs set to be part of a compilation?

3. Labaguette macrumors regular

Also, please remember that initially (without configuring it) e.g. 'The Hives' are listed under 'H' instead of 'T'.

4. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

I know that I am resurrecting an old thread, but I seem to be running into the same issue. I have several artists that are not showing up on my 5.5G iPod, but when I go to the albums/songs, they are there. I primarily use this ipod in the car and navigate through steering wheel controls and constantly switching from artist to album mode on the steering wheel is a pain in the ass. I have tried restoring to no avail.

Has anyone who had this issue ever get it resolved? How did you do it?

GL

5. philden macrumors newbie

When your iPod is connected to iTunes, view your iPod library and in 'column browser' make sure that 'group compilations' is unchecked.

This might fix it.