Songs not Showing on iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by puma1552, Mar 16, 2009.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I have 1568 songs in my iTunes library (1524 songs, 44 music videos).

I loaded them onto my 4th gen iPod nano. No problems, all songs/videos are on the iPod.

I loaded them onto my iPhone 3G. No problems, all songs/videos are on the iPhone.

I loaded them onto my 1st gen iPod touch. Loading them went smoothly, no problems or songs that weren't copied to the iPod. Looking in iTunes at the iPod contents in iTunes mirrors the library; all 1568 items are showing as being on the iPod in iTunes. HOWEVER, when looking at the iPod touch itself and playing a song, it shows "1 of 1552" and not "1 of 1568". I plugged it back in and looked at the iPod contents in iTunes again, and it's showing the proper 1568. I also counted the music videos by hand, all 44 are on the iPod as they should be.

I then loaded the songs onto my 5th gen video iPod. Exact same problem as the touch.

I've never had this happen before. What's the problem?

2. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

After some investigation, I think I found the issue, though it doesn't see to be correctable.

I have sixteen music videos that originally were part of a DVD (aka movie) that I split into sixteen chapters and relabeled as music videos in iTunes.

As you know, iTunes includes music videos in the music library list (god knows why).

What I found was that all the songs and videos indeed were copied to the iPods in question, however despite maintaining music video labeling and showing up in the music library just as music videos purchased from iTunes would show, on the two iPods in question they don't carry into the song list on the iPod itself, but rather they are relegated to the video portion of the iPod only.

This is interesting because I have a music video playlist on all iPods. On each iPod, all 44 music videos show up in that playlist. However also on all iPods, all 44 music videos also show up in the song list...but what's interesting is that on the iPods in question, it does not count those 16 towards the total, hence why some ipods show "1 of 1568" and others show "1 of 1552."

Not a problem, but definitely a little irritating when trying to sync two computers, four ipods, and an iphone.

Interesting.