Songs skip in iTunes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mccoy015, Jul 9, 2012.

1. mccoy015 macrumors member

I have a 15 inch early 2011 Macbook Pro running lion. 2.0 ghz i7, 4gb ram, 500 gb hdd at 5400 rpm. The problem I am experiencing is when I play a song through iTunes, the song will skip. It does this with all my songs so I ruled out that first. I still have 1 gb of ram free when it happens too. I also have ran disk utility and repaired disk permission. I am thinking I am just going to have to reinstall the OS. Any ideas?

2. icewing macrumors 6502

Does the song always skip in the same place? That would make me think the song was corrupted. Have you tried deleting it and re-downloading it?

3. mccoy015 thread starter macrumors member

Nope. Different places every time. It's every song in my library too. Even the ones from itunes

4. eron macrumors 6502

5. mccoy015 thread starter macrumors member

6. jcampbell1070 macrumors member

im not sure but maybe your hard drive is failing. have u noticed any other slowdowns on anything else you do. try to download a speed test software for your hard drive and compare to the factory read/write speeds. thats all i can think of

7. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Seems like a failling hard drive. Do you have Applecare.

8. entraik Suspended

this is not a failing harddrive issue. It's a glitch within mountain lion software.. tons of people are having this. it's stuttering/glitching/skipping, etc. It still happens for me in itunes every 30 sec or so.. as well as in youtube, etc.

Not a hardware issue as the issue is nonexistent on bootcamp.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4149309?start=120&tstart=0