Songs skipping when played on iphone 3G but not in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sotaroca, Sep 16, 2008.

1. sotaroca macrumors newbie

On my iphone 3G I've been having problems with songs skipping within the song (not skipping over songs but skipping like a scratched CD would skip). All of the songs play fine when played in iTunes and used to play fine on my previous non-apple mp3 player. Only some songs skip and always in the same places in the song.

I have removed all songs and re-synced the iphone, but the same songs are still skipping. Apple support has suggested that I might have to delete the original files and rip the CDs over again, which is a huge pain.

Anyone know how to fix this without dragging my CD collection out of the attic??

2. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

I was going to suggest removing all songs, but you did that already. If you can, a restore might solve this problem. But I would wait for other suggestions before restoring, as that would be a last ditch measure.

snverhallen

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I have this problem from time to time, and I solved it by re-encoding the song, as is, and it corrects whatever corruption caused it.

TEG

4. sotaroca thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

That sounds like it could definitely be a solution - how do I re-encode songs?

5. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

Click on Advanced then on Create MP3 version, or whatever you have the format set as.

To change this format go into preferences then General then Import Settings then choose import format. Whatever you choose as the import format will be used as the Create ______ version.

snverhallen

6. sotaroca thread starter macrumors newbie

I converted all my skipping songs to AAC in itunes and it worked like a charm

Thanks for the help!!! (Apple support had no idea what to do after and hour and it turned out to be a 10-second fix)

7. Boxman10 macrumors newbie

IPOD skipping and taking over my apps

Mine has been doing the same thing, except more recently, while listening to Pandora, the app faded out, the ipod came on and started skipping (ffwd) thru songs. Ive done a restart, AND restore as well as (at Apples direction) obtained a new SIM card. Still having the SAME problem. ANY ideas???

8. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

I have the same problem except it reversed, it happens in my iTunes and not on my 3G

9. jhofstetter macrumors newbie

Yes, I think I can help you. Go to Settings on your iPhone and select ipod. Look for "shake to shuffle" and turn it off. I think this is a new feature that got downloaded to our devices in the "on" position and people don't have a clue about it. Pretty annoying if you ask me.