Songs suddenly not transferring from iTunes to iPod touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Blurrymoon85, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Blurrymoon85 macrumors newbie

I've been charging my iPod in my car lately. Well I put a couple albums on my computer and decided to plug my iPod into my macbook to update my iPod's library. Well it sync'd up like it always does, detected and everything (fully charged it). But when shifting through my iPod's library the day after, I realized that none of the songs I had just put on my computer were on there.

I checked and made sure they were all .mp3 files - they are. They're in the same folder that all my other music is in... I'm not sure what else to do :-\

2. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I just had the same problem yesterday,I finally figured out how to shrink my itunes files,(I had 600 songs taking up 6 GB of space,now it takes up 1.5GB)I had some new stuff on it yesterday and now those are gone and a few albums were on it 2 or 3 times!I know,it's weird.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Is your iTunes fully updated, and do you have it sync with a playlist or the entire library?

4. Blurrymoon85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I don't have the $5 software update, but besides that it's updated. It's been working before that update even came out, though...

And yeah, I have it sync to the whole library... is there anyway I could like just resync it somehow? maybe that would fix it.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Might be a dumb suggestion, but if you selected the option to "Sync only checked songs and videos" in the Summary tab, make sure the items in your library have checkmarks in the gray boxes next to the track name...

6. Blurrymoon85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, not a dumb suggestion at all. It wouldn't have surprised me if that was the answer, but unfortunately it wasn't :\. All of my songs are checked and everything... I have no idea what's going on.