Songs with same name bug (iTunes and iOS)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by StevenB14, Jul 2, 2015.

1. StevenB14 macrumors regular

StevenB14

Don't think I have seen anyone mention this issue yet.

Last night I added a couple of albums to My Music from the same Artist. One album contained a song name which the other album had as well. Both songs appeared in My Music on my phone but on iTunes the song just refused to appear on one of the albums.

If I clicked show full album I could see it and play it but clicking the add to my music option didn't work.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. StevenB14 thread starter macrumors regular

StevenB14

Opened Apple Music on my iPad for the first time since adding loads to my music. The songs which I had issues with in the post above also don't appear on the iPad.

It almost seems like whatever device I add the albums too initially will show both versions of the songs in their respective albums but on the other devices only one copy of the song will appear and how it picks which album to keep the song in I have no idea.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with songs with the same name, by the same artist, on different albums?