Songs Won't Sync to iPhone 4 - Grayed Out

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ugadawgs311, May 29, 2013.

1. ugadawgs311 macrumors member

I've searched numerous forums and tried tons of different things, but I cannot solve my problem.

I have an iPhone 4 that used to be my primary phone, but now I'd like to use it as an iPod since I have an iPhone 5 now. However, no music will sync to the iPhone 4. I usually sync selected playlists/albums/etc., but for some reason all the sudden no songs will sync. When I select the music tab under the Devices section in iTunes, all the songs are there, but they are grayed out. Same thing happens when I look for songs on the iPhone 4 itself.

I've tried unchecking "Sync Music" then reselecting it, but to no avail.

The phone is not jailbroken or hacked in anyway. Any ideas? I may have to do a full restore, but I was hoping to avoid that.

2. ugadawgs311 thread starter macrumors member

Any ideas?

Also, I am not an iTunes Match subscriber, so that shouldn't be causing any issues.

3. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Taking a stab here. Are you logged in with the correct Apple ID?

4. ugadawgs311 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I am logged in with the correct Apple ID. I tried logging out and back in again, and that didn't work either.

I also tried turning off automatic downloads, and turning back on, and that also did not work.