Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goldy86911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Has anyone seen this unlocked way for the new bootloader? SONICSIM 1.0?
The claim is that the SonicSim card 1.0 works with the new out of the box iphones.
Could this be real?

punknart

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2007
i think is true here is a video in you tube of a supposed unlocked method with the sonic simcard... The problem is that i havent found who sell it

A3Australia

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2007
Says the guy who just recently joined the forums. You could easily be one of the guys who's selling this. Damn I want to unlock my brand new iPhone, but it's impossibly to tell who's ****ing lying and who isn't!! :mad:

Why not just use a tried and true solution such as TurboSIM or NextSIM 2 ?

A3Australia

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2007
How do I know they work though? Have you some proof?

Gee, I don't know where you have been, but TurboSIM from Bladox (check the forums at bladox.com) was the first such device to be used to 'unlock' the phone functions of the iPhone.

The TurboSIM had been on the market since 2004. The fact that it could be 'programmed' led to it being used with applesaft to 'unlock' any iPhone - be it a USA AT&T or a UK O2.

TurboSIM can be used for so much more than just 'unlocking' check out the details at Bladox.

All the Chinese and Taiwanese devices do is copy the one function that allows the 'unlock'. They cannot be erased and re-programmed. Theoretically some of them could be, but.... we don't have the tools to do it.

I have been trying to get all the devices for testing. I think I have most of the "single SIM" solutions now. The so called "piggy-back" SIM devices.
I have tested the TurboSIM; and the first, second and third generation Chinese devices; and the HyperSIM from Taiwan.

All 'work' and fool the iPhone. The TurboSIM has consistently been the best. However, the HyperSIM from Taiwan and the 3rd generation Chinese device have been very good with USA iPhones.

I think the only way you will belive they work is for you to get one and try it for yourself. There is no way someone else can prove it for you.

A3 Australia

nunofgs

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
Aside from that video, there has been no other information on the sonic sim.

I would advise against getting one of the sim cloning solutions though, at least until we know what kind of changes 1.1.3 will bring. They might have already fixed it.

zaccoyne

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
turbosim next sim card 3

bought a next sim card 3 turbo sim from ebay user was called "ronanom" i think anyway he was from ireland got it in 2 days and it worked perfectly it was already programmed it worked on a uk iphone for me and it is said to work on all iphones . so if you are wondering if these x sim card 3 work they work perfectly

i am very very happy with it youtube is perfect on these things

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.