Sonnet 21-in-1 Media Reader

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shabbis, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Shabbis macrumors regular

Just received my Sonnet 21-in-1 Media Reader that fits in the express/34 slot in the mail. I downloaded a bunch of pictures off the memory card from my camera. It must be at least ten times as fast when loading the pictures into iPhoto. The card also fits flush into the slot so I can leave it in there all the time.

Just thought I'd post a quick review as I couldn't find any when I was looking to purchase this card.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Who else thinks it's crazy that there must be 21 memory card standards?!?!

Sounds nifty as long as it didn't cost you too much. I have a $20 USB hub/memory card reader that sits to the left of my MBP. I can tell you that my MBP is much faster that my dad's iMac G5 when it comes to importing pictures.

Is there anything else that fits in that slot that's useful? I never hear about much.

3. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

4. Shabbis thread starter macrumors regular

I think CF is larger than the express/34 slot.

Also, this card runs about $30, so not a bad deal to get a massive speed increase and relieve stress on my camera's battery.

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I Wish a company made a card that fit snugly inside, and was silver, but meh...

Im guessing its only got 1 slot, how does is support Memory Stick Pro Duo?

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Oh, you're gonna get me started...

Dear Sony,
    Please ditch your stupid Memory Sticks that really don't have any advantage over SD and CF other than, um, you make them so your customers are forced to use them. You are the people who still charge about $20 for that stupid 8MB memory card for a PS2 when I can buy a 2GB flash drive for that price. It it wasn't for that Blu-ray stuff, I'd be telling you to kiss my patooty.

Yours,
    Me