Sonnet e2p problems

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AdvocateUK, Jan 17, 2008.

1. AdvocateUK macrumors regular

AdvocateUK

Hi all,

I just bought and installed a Sonnet e2p pci-express eSATA card to use with my Seagate Freeagent Pro 750 GB.

Initially disk utility couldn't format the drive and returned an input/output error. Then when it does format the drive I can't copy anything to it, it starts to copy and then stops anywhere from 10MB to 140MB in with the error

"The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "whatever" could not be read or written (Error code -36)"

This is driving me nuts. The card, cable and hard drive all work perfectly and I know people have gotten this card working in Leopard because of reports on xlr8yourmac.

The card is listed in System Profiler as "other mass storage controller" and the drive is listed as a SCSI drive (for some reason).

Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated

2. echoout macrumors 6502a

From the Sonnet site:

(4) Under Mac OS X Version 10.5.x, certain multi-interface external drives, such as the Seagate FreeAgent and the Western Digital MyBook, are not supported by Tempo SATA E2P using its current driver software (v1.1.9). Kernel panics occurring when the drive is connected, and the drive not being recognized by the operating system are known issues using this version of software. The next driver version is expected to resolve these issues. If you need to use one of the listed drives, you should connect it to your computer via FireWire or USB until these issues are resolved. Check this page for further updates. Sonnet's Fusion D400Q and R400Q quad-interface storage systems are not affected by this issue, and are fully supported by Tempo SATA E2P.