Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themagichoof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
I popped a 2-port Sonnet Tempo SATA card into my 9600. Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of a weird shutdown error. Every time I click Shut Down and boot up again in System 7, OS8 or OS9, it gives me the, "Your computer crashed or was not shut down properly the last time it was used" error.

This doesn't happen on the internal SCSI drive, it only happens when shutting down from a SATA drive. I disabled the error message in the General thing from the Apple menu for now but I'm curious if anyone else has this issue. I read that others don't experience this on their G4 machines, so maybe it's only for a 9600 + SATA card combo.

I guess I could try downgrading the firmware to 5.1.3 but I'm worried about doing that since everything else is working fine.

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
That was the ticket

Some people have the issue. Some don't. If it bothers you the firmware downgrade is the way to go. If you don't mind the issue don't do it.

themagichoof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Can you refer me to where people are saying they have the same issue? Or do people just have trouble generally and the shutdown error/scan issue wasn't mentioned specifically?

I want to make sure because the card is working 100% other than the shutdown thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.