Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrKwei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2024
After Sonoma 14.5 update, Accessibility>Display>Text Size>Finder> doesn't work. Size will not change no matter what size I choose. (I want 20pt for Finder. It was working before the 14.5 update.) I did Safeboot. Didn't fix it. I reinstalled MacOS Sonoma. Still can't change text size via Accessibility. (The Text size setting in the desktop View Options popup does work, and the text can be changed to any of the sizes, up to its max of 16pt. But text size via Accessibility, nope.)

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 09.56.55.png

Working for me on both my personal and work machines (both on 14.5)

MrKwei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2024
So, what to do now? Just wait until the next OS update and see if it's fixed?

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
If @Nermal could confirm what machine they are seeing the issue on, then maybe it's an Apple Silicon issue and you can report it as such.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If @Nermal could confirm what machine they are seeing the issue on, then maybe it's an Apple Silicon issue and you can report it as such.
2020 iMac (Intel) with 14.5. I've never tried the feature in the past so I don't know whether it broke with 14.5 or whether it was a problem prior to that.

Edit: Hmm. It wasn't working when I made my previous post, but now it suddenly is! So it seems that it's intermittent, rather than a hard-and-fast "doesn't work". I have not rebooted since my previous post.

Reactions: kitKAC

MrKwei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2024
2020 iMac (Intel) with 14.5. I've never tried the feature in the past so I don't know whether it broke with 14.5 or whether it was a problem prior to that.

Edit: Hmm. It wasn't working when I made my previous post, but now it suddenly is! So it seems that it's intermittent, rather than a hard-and-fast "doesn't work". I have not rebooted since my previous post.
Text size came back on its own! The pointer froze. I cleaned the Kensington trackball. The pointer worked a few moments and froze again. I double checked the trackball for dirt. The pointer worked, then froze again, and worked again. I was able to restart from the menu. Upon restart – giant text on the folder names on desktop!

Reactions: kitKAC and Nermal
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.