Sonos Advice

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by ggibson913, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ggibson913, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014

ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

Hey guys I took advantage of Best Buy's yellow tag sale and picked up two speakers. The first was for my bedroom I got the Play 3.

The second one I got was a Play 5 I really love them both. It is the Play 5 I need advice about. I have a 5.1 surround system in my living room already. So it is tempting to return the 5 and exchange it for the Connect. I am not sure which way to go.

Down the road I would like to get the Play Bar and build a sound system out of that. But that isn't this year. The 5.1 surround is an Onkyo receiver with Bose (I know everyone hates them) speakers. It definitely sounds better than the play 5.

But if and when I replace it, the play 5 could move to another room. The connect would be rendered useless unless I opt for another surround. What do you guys think? Oh also bought square trade instead of Best Buy warranty, any thoughts on that would be appreciated as well.

2. MiesVanDerRobot macrumors member

Be aware that the Connect is stereo only.

But it would be a good way to start building an eventual Playbar system (with the Connect driving the surrounds, and the Playbar eventually taking over the front channels).